Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Easy on,not so easy off

It finally occurred to me why it is so easy to gain weight and so HARD to lose it.

My girlfriend and I were having True Confessions on the treadmill yesterday. She told me about a 410 calorie donut. I told her about an empty bag of chocolate treats. When we were done sweating, I did some math.

If we're being honest, one Nikki-Sized serving of chocolate treats takes 5-7 minutes to consume.  In that 5-7 minutes, I could potentially eat 500 calories. (yikes!) It takes about 45 minutes for me to burn off 500 calories.

So if over the course of one week, a gal hypothetically had one serving a day (and twice on Sunday) that's just under an hour of indulgence versus 6 hours on a treadmill.

Who has six hours for a treadmill?

I wish I hadn't typed the word chocolates so many times because now all  I can think about is chocolates, chocolates, chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment