Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mini Van Family Stickers

You know those stickers people put on the back of their cars of stick people, the ones that are supposed to represent their family. Yeah, I don't get it.  When we moved to Florida, every other car had one on their back window.   Then I noticed that they were mainly on mini-vans and huge SUV's. Then it hit me....OHHHhhhh, maybe they want us to know that they have to drive a mini-van or this pretentious gas guzzling beast to cart around the 5 stick figure people, stick dog and stick cat as indicated by the sticker.  Why not just get a bumper sticker (like everyone else that's ashamed of their car) that says "My other car is a Porsche."  Or take the route of my girlfriend, The Gypsy Hausfrau, who just exudes so much sexy that you don't even notice that she's driving a mini-van.

I saw one a few months ago of Momma stick figure and a baby. No other adult type stick figure. No dog (it was a Mini-Cooper). I couldn't help but wonder if she: A) Just thought it was cute, B) Didn't care what her family looked like, her car was going to have the same marks of motherhood as all the others in the PTA parking lot or C) She was advertising that she was available for dates. 

Sometimes they do give me the giggles. Like this one:


This makes you wonder if the dad in this family is only the dad of the baby? And perhaps under his sticker used to be a faded dad with maybe a hockey stick.  Or maybe golfer Dad found out that the twin boy and girl weren't his, so he threw out the Mom, the kids AND their stinkin' dog. But he had to kept the mini-van because the baby's car seat doesn't fit in "The Porsche."


Who knows. I'm probably wrong about the whole thing. I'm just a gal that spends too much time over thinking window stickers in an effort to tune out the fighting and screaming and whining that's going on inside my own car.

No comments:

Post a Comment