Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Emilio


The First Incident:

"Mom. Today at recess at boy came up to me and Ms. Dorso and he told her I was his baby."

"What did you do?"

"I ran away. I don't enen know that guy."



The Second Incident:

"Mom. Today at recess Emilio put his arm around me and called me his bae."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah. But I don't enen know him."


One Week Later:

"Mom. Emilio kissed me at recess today!!"

Being all too aware that as a mother of daughters, this is a teaching moment, I calmly say: "Did you like that he kissed you?"

"Noooo."  (As in ick, boys have cooties)

"Well, just know that if you do not want him to kiss you, you say STOP or NO. And if he persists in trying to kiss you, you run to tell a teacher. No one has the right to kiss you if you don't want them to."  After this statement, I probably beat the horse carcass until everyone in earshot was blue in the face.

Then Maggie says "I just ran away from that guy."

"Do you want me to talk to your teacher about this boy?"

Maggie: "Well, I don't want him to stop chasing me!"

Unwanted comment from the peanut gallery (aka Troy): "Sounds like your mother."


One More Week Later:  (After what I gather was a week of Emilio chasing Maggie, but never actually catching her.)

Crying on my bed one morning: "Mom. Emilio told me that I'm not a Vikings fan because my snow pants are blue. And I tried to tell him that just because my snow pants aren't purple doesn't mean that I don't like the Vikings.  I wish I never enen met that guy."

I just consoled her and told her she can like whatever football team she likes.

Troy (finally chiming in with solid advice): "Practice this saying with me Mags: Whatever Emilio."

No comments:

Post a Comment