Monday, November 12, 2012

10K Training Log: Week BlergcoughcoughBlerg

So. It's been a few weeks, right. It's not that I didn't want to keep you posted on how my training has progressed. But life happens. Things come up like...your partner in crime (read the other guy raising the children) had a week's hiatus in Mexico.  So let's just do a mini re-cap of what happened the last two weeks.

Week Two: Week two was very similar to week one. I ran 3 times and did a spin class. I ate really well all week. I resisted the urge to buy any Halloween candy. Then at the end of the week, my girlfriend had a Tastefully Simple party and before you know it, I was eating my weight in cream-based dips and cake and bread.  The next day, when the children weren't looking, I ate all the good chocolates out of their pumpkin buckets.

Week Three:  All bets were off.  When Troy departed for Mexico he left me a care package to help survive the week. There was a one pound bag of peanut M&M's in there. The children didn't even see the bag because it was gone two days after I opened them.  To end the week, my girlfriend and I took our children camping. Here I ate more than my fair share of s'more fixin's and 14 of the 16 chocolate donuts that were meant for breakfast.  I ran once during the week. It was brutal.

It is amazing that during the course of the two weeks of not tracking my food intake, and basically just eating whatever, I didn't gain any weight. This is a miracle. So, after saying a little prayer of Thanks, and having my better half home, I am back to grindstone.  (It is important to note that as I type this I am eating the last of the chocolate bars left over from s'mores.)

No comments:

Post a Comment