Monday, November 14, 2011

Adrenaline Junkies

I think the beauty of children is that they have absolutely no fear; that is, of course, until they fall off their first literal or proverbial horse. As parents, it is our job to either nurture this character trait until they soar (hopefully with a parachute or above a pile of pillows) or to nip it in the bud so as to protect our precious wee ones from ever harming one little tiny hair on their beautiful un-scathed bodies.

I fall under the "nip it in the bud" category.


I married a "nurture-er"


The kind of guy who would lead my babies up three stories of netting


While I wait at the top, with open arms, ready to console my scared little chickadees


Ready to tell them they never ever ever have to climb up that high again or swing around on tires suspended a hundred feet in the air


Yes. That's it. Run to Momma.

 

Wait. No, why aren't you stopping? You don't have to go up there again.
Please
Pleeeeeeeeeeease.
Stay with Momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment