Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pine Cone Christmas Tree

I don't know if it's the holiday spirit, or the Prozac, or the need to do anything besides housework, but I have been craftin' up a storm lately. 

The girls and I made these Christmas tree wreaths. We bought a kit at The Boutique.
$5.
Enough to make three.


When you live in Florida, you need all the help you can get to make it feel Christmasy.


Especially when the sun is shining and the grass is green.
(Not that I'm complainin')



Then, Thanksgiving weekend, we went on a nature hike, and got bored after only seeing one butterfly and one squirrel, so we gathered pine cones.

The only craft I've ever done with pine cones is to slather them in peanut butter, then roll them in bird seed, tie a piece of yarn around it and call it a bird feeder.

But somewhere I had seen a picture of a pine cone Christmas tree. So I thought I would give it a whirl.
After two attempts on my own, I had to consult the interwebs.

This is what I came up with.


It kinda looks more like a jumbled pile of pine cones than a tree,
but that's not the point.

I'm not sure there is a point....

Anyway,
I think I have one more project to show you tomorrow, and then we'll go back to our regularly scheduled ramblings.







No comments:

Post a Comment