Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Beauty Secrets

Dear Maggie and Rylee,

I don't know much about makeup or fashion. Some day, probably a lot sooner than I'd like, you'll want advice on these things. Sorry I won't be able to help you figure out eye liner and base. But since becoming your mother, I do happen to know a whole lot about beauty. So, without further ado, here is my list of secrets to help you stay beautiful:

1. Be kind.
2. Get a good night's sleep (without waking me up, preferably).
3. Keep an open mind about food and people.
4. Don't smoke. Don't smoke. Don't smoke.
5. Drink more water and milk than juice and pop.
6. Share your chocolates and your toys.
7. Work up a good sweat 5 days a week. This will be harder the older you get- but remember dancing counts.
8. Read. (Especially to me when my eyes have gone bad and I call you by the wrong name.)
9. Spend time with your grandparents.
10. Wear sunscreen.
11. Be thankful. (maybe not FOR all things, but IN all things.)


And last but not least...

12. Don't throw tantrums. It's really unbecoming at any age.


Love,
The Mother of Two Gorgeous Ladies



No comments:

Post a Comment