Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's that time of year again...

Ahh my dreamy Christmas vacation is over. I wasn't ready for it to end until we were 800 miles into our 1500 mile journey home.  You know it's going to be a long day when you've been driving for 5 hours and the GPS chimes in "Continue on this route for the next 300 miles."  Nevertheless, we made it home safely to a house that, although looking like was tossed by a pair of thugs, was just how we left it two weeks ago.

We are nowhere near settled back in, but the fridge is stocked, school has started and My Chef is at work. I guess that means that the New Year has already started. And I suppose that means it's time for some self reflection and resolution making. BUT, before I go there, I want to take a look back and see how I fared from last year's list.

Of the things I listed, I didn't make one of them throughout the year.  The closest I came to keeping one of my resolutions was flossing.  I went from being a 3 day a week flosser to a 5 day a week flosser. I think I can feel good about that.

And I guess if you count that pile of pine cones that I stuck onto a Styrofoam tree as "creating something", then I think I can add two to my list. Ironically, the things I said I could (but didn't) add to my list (exercising more, cooking more, being more patient) I actually did accomplish. (Thanks in part to Prozac.) Which begs the question: Should I even make a list this year?   Ahh what the heck. I think I will anyway. But not today. I have to put a little more thought into it. Because right now, all I've come up with is to keep the windows clean. SURELY I can find something better (and easier) than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment