Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Red Flag List

I have a list of things that raise a red flag about a job when doing an interview. They are as follows:

1. The interview should last more than 15 minutes.
2. I should get to say more than 3 sentences.
3. If the interviewer says "there are a lot of these positions open all of the time." I am going to wonder why.
4. If the interviewer says "and if you make it to the next level you can be making "x" amount of money"
5. I should not be able to see the beginning and ending of the hiring manager's cleavage.
6. I should not have to take a spelling test.

Today I had my first interview. I wasn't particularly interested in the position, but thought it would be good practice to start talking to real people. The inteview hit 5 of the 6 red flags on my list, which is suprising since the interview was not for a job at Hooters (I'm horrible with food service, so I tend to stay away from those types of gigs). 

I started to get crabby about spending more time brushing my hair for the interview than the interview itself, but then I remembered the silver lining game. I could be bald and that would be bad because I think I may have an odd shaped head, which is one of the reasons why God game me so much hair to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment