Friday, May 11, 2012

I'll take Spin Class over The Open Road

I'm more of a dreamer than a do-er. That's why I like the spin class at The Club.

When I cycle outside:

I can smell car fumes
and cow dung
and that construction workers jeans that he's worn every day since last August.
I have to take a path that's been traveled and is imperfect.
It takes me ten minutes to pass one lake and I think I've got a bug up my nose.
Also, it's hot and my tongue is thick.

When I am in spin class:

I close my eyes and I am in the cool of the woods
I am Chariots of Fire
I start to climb and
I am the Eye of the Tiger
I am on l'Alp d'Huez
I am Lance Armstrong
And I AM strong
And I am the Champion my friend
I AM A MACHINE
And I must be the rain too
because when I get off my bike I step in a puddle.

As much as I love the wind in my hair, I'll take a stationary bike over the open road any day.






No comments:

Post a Comment