Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dang

So it's Thursday. Weigh-in day and a discussion on healthy eating.

A while back, I heard some gal on the radio say something like "If you can't wash it, don't eat it."  I liked that.  I like little quick sayings that can help you pass up the fleeting urges.  My biggest downfall is being around tempting food and mindlessly eating things when I don't even want them.

Another saying I've heard is "if you're really hungry, you'll eat an apple"  I liked this too. Around 2:30pm every day I think it's time for a snack.  It's a good benchmark to ask myself if I would eat an apple right now because I need something in my belly or if it's just that time of day.

Both of these sayings would have been really usefull this week, had I actually remembered them before today. The good thing is that the scale did not move one way or the other from last week. It's not real motivating, but then again, at least I didn't go backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment