Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Detective Handeland

Three things happened yesterday that made me wish I were a detective. Or at least a PI with credentials. Those things are as follows:

1. As I was pulling out of our development, there were ten jugs of milk on the side of the road. They were not all together, but spread out about the length of a short turn lane. None of them were overturned. Not all of them were full, at the same time, there was no milk on the road. It was very curious and I found myself wanting answers.

2. Eight minutes later, I spotted a dead kitty on the side of the road. The thought crossed my mind that it was fortuitous that the carcass was at least a block before the daycare entrance. Let's spare an entire preschool full of children nightmares about fluffy. But then, as I was nearing the entrance to the school, I spied two women in scrubs. One was holding a shovel. The other was holding a big black trash bag...an occupied black trash bag. They were heading toward the animal hospital located next door to the school.  Hmmm. Two dead animals in a one block radius of an animal hospital, one of which is being "cleaned up" by the professionals. As you can imagine, I had a lot of questions.

3. As I was showering at the gym, I heard a woman talking in Spanish on her cell phone while she stood in the sauna. I am sure that PI credentials would come with bilingual skills. From what I remembered from 9th grade Spanish class, she was picking something up at 4pm. It could have been kids, but not likely since the location of her call was so cloak and dagger-ish.

If I had a badger, I could have been questioning people in any of these scenarios.

I just re-read that last sentence. I meant to say badge, not badger. That gave me the giggles, so I'm just gonna end on that note.

No comments:

Post a Comment