Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Favorite Things My Mother Has Done For Me

1. Once, when I was driving back to college after a weekend home with my mom, my car broke down halfway through The Flint Hills. If you're not from Kansas, then you might not know this is a stretch of road where, literally, there is one gas station in 50 miles.  It was night and I was alone. I didn't know what to do. The only thing I could think about was a trucker stopping to "help" and my remains being found the next morning. I did what any girl would do. I called my mommy. She was cool headed and told me who to call. When I was done calling the tow company, I called her back. Scared out of my gourd, she sang me a goofy song that she used to sing to me as a child.  

2. When I was going through my very first induced labor pains, my mother showed up. She didn't try to tell me how to breath, or give me advice on how to get through the pain. She just sat quietly next to me and stroked my hair. 

3. She never tells me to watch my language, because she knows that she's one of the very few I unleash The Sailor around....even though sometimes, stuff that comes out of my mouth makes her cringe.

4.  She sewed "something borrowed" into the back of this dress.


5.  She would pack her famous cheese ball in dry ice and mail it to me if I asked her to.

6. Once, I allegedly and in a hormonal fit, told her her hair was stupid. She just said "ok" and left the room.

7. She's always always always shown that she loves me. Always.

Happy Mother's Day

(I know I'm a few days early, but Mumsie doesn't check this blog over the weekend, so there you have it.)








No comments:

Post a Comment