Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Club Etiquette

I feel like I'm just full of Public Service Announcement type of information this week.  Today, I would like to discuss Etiquette as it pertains to the gym. Or as I like to call it, The Club.  Here's a list of things that may or may not be common knowledge:

1. Hawking loogies in the gym showers is not OK. This may or may not apply to the men's locker room. I'll never know. As for the ladies....come on now.

2. If a shower curtain is closed, it is only polite to ask if it is occupied before tearing open the curtain.  Just a quick -"Excuse me, I see a pair of shoes under the curtain and hear the water running, but I am unsure if there is actually a person in there."- type of statement before flinging back the mildew-resistant sheet of plastic, should save everyone involved a little bit of embarrassment.

3. If you see a hard working woman, flailing around trying her best to work off the three Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches she accidentally ended up eating yesterday, and some of her sweat lands on you or your very fancy workout bag, just go about your business like nothing happened. It's the kind thing to do.

4. Likewise, should a kind looking person be doing some sit ups to work off the 1 pound bag of chocolate covered raisins she ate at the premier of The Lorax with the loves of her life, and that kind person accidentally breaks wind, you should go about your business like nothing happened.

5. Flexing your muscles in the mirror is totally acceptable, even for people just looking to see if they have them.


That should cover it for today. I am sure there are some others- like not leaving your old band aids on the floor - but I don't want to overload you.

No comments:

Post a Comment