Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Knock On Wood

I wouldn't say that I am superstitious or anything. But I did learn a long time ago, that when you're on a hot streak, you don't talk about it. Take for instance the years that I was living in Minnesota. I had been there two years and out of my mouth came these words: "I can't believe I've lived here two years and have never hit a deer."   I hit my first deer a few weeks later. And then three more after that in the years to come.

So a few weeks ago when the thought entered my head that I haven't seen a snake in our yard, I actually put a filter on my mouth and didn't say a word to My Chef. Well guess who ran inside last night, screaming her head off because she had slithering, hissing competition in the frog catching games.


Oh Hello Mr. Frog. Looks like you're enjoying the evening.


What's that. A harmless garter snake?



Guess that wild redhead isn't the only one that wants to play with you tonight.




So, since the same night I was thinking about the snakes, I also thought about certain other things that may or may not have to do with:

  • Wild boars
  • Car Wrecks
  • Winning The Lottery
  • Successful Potty Training
  • Weeks on end with un-interrupted nights of sleep
  • Losing weight while eating mini-donuts
then I am going to start knocking on wood.  Because either there is something to superstition...or I have ESP (which I highly doubt since I am Irish and if we as a people were blessed with visions of the future, then we certainly wouldn't need to spend so much time washing our sorrows down with ice cold refreshing brewskys).
     

No comments:

Post a Comment