Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Oh Sister

A few days ago I took the girls to the park. It was a gorgeous day, warm enough for shorts, but breezy enough that you might need a light jacket. I plopped them both in the toddler swings and began my duty as the Taz's personal Underdog Giver. After giving her 152 underdogs, I looked over at a quiet Bear Cub.

Her face was tilted toward the sun. Her eyes were closed. And across her face was the sweetest little smile. Back and forth, back and forth. You could tell she had tuned out The Taz's pleas for more pushes. You could see her sheer enjoyment of having the wind in her hair and the sun on her cheeks. It was at that very moment that I knew the two of us would understand each other for all of our days.


2 comments:

  1. Love this post. 1. because you are such a cool mom that you will give TAZ 152 underdogs. and 2. because I almost shed a tear at the udder sweetness of the point of it (yep I know I am hormonal and preggo, but still. Sweet moment.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have sweet babes! Nice post Nikki! Makes me miss you even more than I already do....

    ReplyDelete