Monday, June 20, 2011

Miss Congeniality

I used to have a saying about how I felt after a really good party. I called it the Post Party 'Em Blues. Much like the blues you get after having a baby, only maybe accompanied by a headache and gut ache. Some people get the Post Party 'Em Blues after the holidays. I know My Mudda gets them for the entire month of February.

Well, it has been awhile since I had been to a really good party. That was until last Saturday.  The girls were invited to a Princess Party. There were games. There was dancing. There was tiara decorating. There was face painting. There was a puppet show. There was cake. There were glitter nails. There were chips and suckers and hot dogs cut to look like octopus. There were door prizes.  There were sweet little chairs with sweet pink ribbons tied on them. There were little girls dressed like Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel. It was all so sweet and fun.







We got home late in the afternoon, still high from all the sugar and giggles. There were no naps, and I knew the next day we'd pay for it. I knew the next day my two little Pixie Princesses would have the Post Party 'Em Blues.

And I was right.


This one was passed out all sweaty with her hand in a bag of chips. Who hasn't been there?




And if this little face doesn't scream out Party Blues...well then I don't know what does.

(It also kind of screams Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality where she trips while wearing her Statute of Liberty Crown. Only, The Taz was not as graceful recovering from her little falls yesterday.)

It's not easy being a Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment