Thursday, June 23, 2011

Some things I've learned this week

By nature, I am a planner. I like lists. I like structure. I like knowing how things are going to play out. This is not to say that I don't love surprises, or spontaneous little adventures. (Although, if that spontaneous adventure would have been more fun if I had showered or had time to pack a snack, then it's definitely going to hamper my good time having.)  I also like to organize. I like to categorize. And I like things simple.

I also like to say "It ain't easy being me" a lot. Let's face facts. I've got a pretty sweet life, so when I refer to my hardships (fuzzy uncontrollable hair, inability to tan, being mistaken for an extrovert) I say this with sarcasm. But, how I am about to use it, I am completely being serious. It is not easy being me and having two young children.




Just because you buy 26 cute storage bins to strategically place around your house, does not mean things will be organized.

You can have all the categories you want, but nothing in your house will ever fit in the "clean" category for more than an hour.

You can have a list of To-Do's on your fridge a mile long. It does not mean you will ever get to cross anything off that list.


So what have I learned from all of this? It's really me that's driving me crazy. Thankfully, I've married a wonderful man that's promised to bring the childrens to visit me if I end up in The Padded Room. And I bet if I'm real good that week, he'll even bring me some of these delicious muffins I've been drooling over since about 3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment