Friday, June 10, 2011

The Tazmanian Princess gets some new furniture

I've been doing two things the last couple of weeks.

1. Watching the Casey Anthony Trial
and
2. Painting furniture.


I found this little prize on the curb.
It was about to rain and then this would have been ruined.
It's my second ever curb poach.

It was in perfect condition.
No dents or dings
The insides looked like it was maybe a year old
It did not smell like cat pee.
The only thing wrong was a really bad paint job.
They didn't even prime it.



I had some other things I was going to paint up so we could re-do The Tazmanian Princess' Room.

This is not a DIY blog about how to rehab furniture, but I will give you one tip on the subject.

1.  If you can, avoid painting anything in your garage in the summer in Florida.

Here's the finished dresser:



I like it because when she tells me in three weeks that purple isn't her most favorite color in the whole wide world, I don't have to feel bad because this sucker was f.r.e.e. that spells free!




No comments:

Post a Comment