Monday, December 13, 2010

Day One

I've just sent My Chef off to the airport. He will be spending the week in Dallas learning about fancy ways to track the yogurt and baked goods he sells. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I will be installing a lock on the pantry door. Here's why:



Industrial sized boxes of delicious treats. You can't just open a box and make a little 24 serving batch. You have to have 59 of your closest friends over....or a membership to the YMCA and countless hours to spend there. Wait a minute....maybe I don't need 59 friends to visit after all.

And right next to the boxes of cake/brownie mixes:


Endless samples of granola bars.


I most likely won't have any trouble taking a pass on the granola bars as I have yet ANOTHER visit with the infamous Mole-less Enrique Iglesias D.D.S. today. We are going to have an honest conversation about why he can't seem to get my tooth fixed.  It's going to go a little something like this: "Ok. Listen. I'm a happily married woman. And quite frankly, your not fixing my tooth properly, just to get me back in your chair, is very unattractive. I don't think I am going to even mention you to my single girlfriends." (He doesn't need to know that my single girlfriends live 8000 miles away.)  I may wait to say this after he fixes my tooth. It's takes a delicate touch to scold someone when you need something from them.  Not that I'm not up for the challenge. I have a 3 year old and have to employ this tactic daily.


1 comment:

  1. OMG Niks, is that really your pantry?? You will definately have to lock it up, that's way too tempting!

    ReplyDelete